Monday, April 12, 2004

Nice to see Eric Alterman's plug for Believer magazine. I've been reading it cover-to-cover since the debut nearly a year ago and every issue is a feast.

Arianna loves blogs. I'm with her: I've been turning to Talking Points Memo and others for a more critical and substantive take on the news since the build-up to Bush's War of Choice.

By the way, that Harold Myerson column has one of the best policy recommendations I've read recently: "The only unequivocally good policy option before the American people is to dump the president who got us into this mess, who had no trouble sending our young people to Iraq but who cannot steel himself to face the Sept. 11 commission alone."

But if you need other reasons to vote against the Bush/Cheney Reign of Terror (pun intended), have a look at Robert Reich's nightmarish vision of the Second Term in the April American Prospect. I thought Truthout had the column online last week, but I can't find it, now. Go ahead and shell out a few bucks for the newstand copy if you can't wait for an archive posting; it's worth it. (UPDATE: My mistake; the Reich piece is here.)

No comment needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home