Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Went to hear Bill Press tout his new book, Bush Must Go at Stacey's Books during lunchtime. If "undecideds" read the book, it will be a good thing, but there's nothing there I haven't already digested. For the talk, Press emphasized three of the book's 10 reasons "Bush must go": (1) he has reversed environmental progress by at least 30 years, (2) he has presided over the ruination of the economy, taking it from "A-OK to I.O.U." as Press puts it, and (3) he led the nation to war on false premises. Audience questions were about what you'd expect from "the choir," but there was a very large turnout. Apparently misery really does love company. I didn't buy Press's book, but I did buy a discounted copy of What's the Matter with Kansas? and will report on that soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool that you bought the Frank book -- as a native Kansan, I'd love to read it. Can I borrow it when you're done with it? No hurry: my night stand is about to buckle under the weight of the "pile"! ABC

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home