Saturday, March 12, 2005

I don't know what to make of Santorum's involvement in this, but I sure can't argue with the plan: Santorum (R-PA) and Durbin (D-IL) are co-sponsoring an amendment that will add $500 million to the Bush budget for the Global Fund's AIDS programs. I've found no evidence of sneaky gag rules or anything (I doubt Durbin would stand for that). This seems to be a genuine (desperately needed) measure to counteract Bush's badly "misguided" cuts to the programs. The amendment will come up in the Senate on March 16. Please throw some calls and emails to your Senators. Go here for more info and an emailer with suggested content. Or you can use that nifty "Contact Congress" box I've add on the sidebar. But please do this right away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home