Monday, December 12, 2005

It just gets better (Warning: disturbing animal news)

It's not my night for random television encounters. First, I stopped by just in time to see sharks being "finned" and dropped back into the sea to drown. And just now, I took a break to see who's on Larry King, and it's Alec Baldwin and some other folks discussing the booming trade in cat and dog fur in China! I couldn't watch, so I googled: cats and dogs are being captured by the thousands in the Czech Republic and China, and then skinned - in many cases, still alive - so that their "pelts" can be sold to a "thriving cat and dog skins industry and trade."

When the transcript shows up on Larry King's web site, I'll link to it here. (Update: here it is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home